In the words of Frederick Douglass, I like big books, and I cannot lie.
I am excitedly accepting books for review!
What you need to know:
- Opinions in the book review are m i n e . Not yours. Though we may agree.
- Do not ask me for a review if you seek blind praise.
- I reserve the right to not finish a book. Life is too short to spend it finishing books you don’t want to. If I’m still not into the story by page 54, I’m done. But I will still review those pages.
- If you need the review within a particular time frame, please say so in your initial message, and I will tell you if I can accommodate you. Otherwise, I will take my own sweet time.
- Literary fiction/non-fiction
- Women’s fiction
- Historical fiction
- Immigrant stories
- Fiction from the black diaspora and/or “developing” countries.
Genres I have no interest in:
- Children’s Lit
Please send queries or requests to properwording [at] gmail [dot] com